Wednesday, 2 July 2014

John Green: The Fault In Our Stars

The Fault In Out Stars is the book of the moment.
With the film in the cinemas I knew I had to get it read before I came across a spoiler and with 9/10 it seems reading/talking about it Im surprised I was able to get half way through the book before finally stumbling upon an unwelcome spoiler.
So I am going to try and not include any in this post for those of you who are still reading it or who have not yet read it.

This is a fairly quick read. I found the first chapter a little slow going (in comparison to the rest of the book) but this might have just been because I was really sleepy when I started it. But once I got into this I was hooked and every free second I had I was reading this.
Although you will find it under children's books on Amazon, I would say its more teenage/young adult, aged 16 and over type read just because of the content of the book.
So as I'm sure you know this is a story is a fictional tale based on a teenage girl named Hazel Grace suffering from cancer. Hazel is very at peace with the cancer she has, she understands that one day she will die because of the cancer and throughout the story we see her trying to make sure that when the time comes for her to die she will hurt as little people as possible. Despite this and her best efforts she falls in love with Augustus Waters who manages to change her ideas about cancer and what it will do to her.
There are some very surprising twists and turns to this book which I think just makes it even more real. The impact it will leave on your life will be huge because this isn't just one of those books you can put down and move on from after you have read it, it will defiantly make you think about your outlook on life and I think it makes you a more optimistic person - John has done the best job at writing it. He has got it spot on, when your reading it you don't think your reading a fictional story you think its real.
This book is an emotional roller coaster, you will laugh, cry and maybe even fall in love.
Not going to lie I feel in love with Augustus Waters, cant wait till the day I find my own Gus.

I would give this a 10/10 because although I know the ending I would be happy to read this again and again. And I cant wait till I see the movie and I will let you know what I think about it after seeing it.
Let me know what you think of The Fault In Our Stars if you have read it
Love
Livv
XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading, have a lovely day xxx